Aortic Fellow in Vascular Surgery, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital
Applications are invited for an Aortic Fellow in Vascular Surgery. The post is to start on 01 October 2018 for a period of 12 months. The successful candidate would be trained in the full breadth of aortic surgery and gain valuable experience in:
• Open Aortic surgery – at least 1 – 2 open cases per week.
• Ruptured AAA – around 30 cases per year.
• EVAR – planning cases on a 3D workstation and in the surgical procedure. Exposed to Cook, Aorfix, Cordis and Medtronic grafts.
• FEVAR – planning and implantation of fenestrated grafts. Currently we perform 1-2 procedures a month.
• Percutaneous access – our practice is expanding for fully percutaneous access and 24 hour discharge. Trained in USS guided puncture and the use of percutaneous closure devices.
• TEVAR – we perform between 5-10 cases a year.
We are looking to employ a candidate with considerable vascular experience so this would be an ideal position post CCT or towards the end of surgical training. Applicants must have full GMC registration with a licence to practise, and have had experience at StR3+ level in General Surgery or equivalent.